Monday, March 23, 2009

So why does turning 25 stink?

Ok so now, I'm not hitting some kind of quasi mid-life crisis or anything, just feeling a little down since my birthday. It's like, from the time you can remember, you're really looking forward to your next birthday, when you're 12, oh yay, I'll be a teenager next birthday! Then you're looking forward to 14/15 because then you can get your permit! And then ofcourse, 16 is so magical right, your drivers license, etc. You know how it was, when we were 15 1/2 we wouldn't say "I'm 15 1/2" you say "I'm almost 16". Then the big 18, that was one of my favorite ages to turn, you're an adult now!! And then my 20th birthday was pretty cool, no longer a teenager sounded so grown up. But my total favorite was 21, now I was really an adult! And life was so exciting, I was looking forward to dating, and marriage, and all that good stuff! The next couple of birthdays were tolerable. Then 25. Well, now I can rent a car and pay no extra fees. Yay, sounds great.

But now, the future looks long and monotone. The biggest thing I see in the future right now, seems like age 60 when I can start getting those senior discounts, and maybe retire! ugh. Just thinking about being that old makes me even more depressed. So, anyways I am just rambling right now, but I am beginning to understand why so many middle age women begin hiding their age and stay stuck at 21. Well I would definitely appreciate advice on how to age gracefully. Seems like I need help with that right now. Oh, and one other thing. I guess the one stop between 25 and retirement would be having babies. That might add some excitement from here to there. So I'm thinking I should probably wait quite a while more, don't want to use up the last great thing to look forward to between now and 60...

3 comments:

Sarah said...

girl!! You're making me laugh!!!
I know, I know!! I couldn't agree with you more! I will be turning 25 in 2 months and, yeah... the next biggie is 30 and even that seems old!! (Mike's turning the big 3-0 this year!! yikes! lol) But, having kids is fun! don't wait too awfully long!! ;) and, after the kids move out, you can honeymoon again. HAHA!!

Sara said...

What you need is a little puppy. And babies:)

Sara Sue Renee said...

awwww susan! 25 isn't so terrible! Plus, with age comes grace and internal beauty! And yes, enjoy your youth a little while longer. =) Babies will come! =)