Thursday, March 5, 2009

I'm sitting in the airport, waiting for my turn to board. I'm heading to Tennessee for the weekend to see my wonderful family. My friend dropped me off a little bit early, so I get a little me time. Yay! It sure feels nice to sit down for a little bit and just have nothing better to do than get online, and not have to feel guilty about it! =) So we had two Bible workers staying at our house for the last 10-11 weeks. The last one is leaving tomorrow, so it's going to be strange to have our house to ourself again! Although I feel bad, because Teddy and I didn't get to spend alot of time with them since we are gone all the time, I will miss having them here. Now you all peeps out there need to come visit, because there's alot of extra room now!

So I promised a picture of our piano, so here it is. I can't figure out what to do with the rest of this room yet, so it's pretty empty. Just the piano and our formal dining table. No pictures, nothing. Hmmm...need some inspiration, and some time!
Photobucket
Does anyone have any sheet music of semi-classical music they wouldn't mind passing along? I need to start practicing my music reading again, all I've been doing is playing what I've remembered over the years, and hymns. But I wouldn't mind something cool to learn.
This past weekend Teddy and I spent some time on our garden. We are installing a border to help keep the beds level and, since they're raised beds, from falling.
Photobucket
I'm so happy that our little tomato plants are growing quickly! 10 tomato plants, that will be so nice! Photobucket
I don't know why I'm so excited about the tomato plants particularly, maybe because I remember that little old lady at church when I was young. She would always bring her delicious, homegrown tomatoes to potluck, and even after we'd had our fill she'd go around asking us, "Yun's wan a 'mater?" lol Can you hear the S. IL accent? By the way, did you know the difference between a Texan accent and a Southern accent? Texans say 'ya'll' and Southerners say 'yun's'! Well my turns coming up here pretty soon, so I should sign off. Yes, I get to see my family in 6 1/2 hours!!

3 comments:

Sarah said...

man!! I am SO upset!!! I can't begin to tell you the amount of people that I know that have come to TN while I have been in Fl! I am so mad! I would have liked to have seen you! Oh well... I hope you have a great time anyways and enjoy the time you get to spend with your family!
LOVE your piano. It's gorgeous!!
And your garden is awesome! and, YES! I can totally hear the sweet old lady at church! hahaha!!! ;)
Love ya sis! hugs

Sara said...

2 and 1/2 hours to go, and we get to see you! :)
You're somewhere high up by the stars right now, gliding along...
I love your garden. I want one so bad.

Gypsy Heart said...

You & the piano feels so right! And your adorable garden...what cuteness...