Monday, January 18, 2010

Disappointment

I can't believe it's really over. We had so many possibilities, so much hope for the future, life was exciting and things couldn't look brighter just last week. And now it's all gonna end like this? Thankfully, I'm not talking about anything of 'real' importance. I'm only talking about my super duper football team, the Chargers. I know, who really cares, right? It's all a make-believe world, where we humans affix some sort of significance or meaning to a bunch of guys throwing a piece of leather around. But it's exciting! And hey, for what it's worth, I think it's one of the fairer sports out there, because of the salary cap. And the game is pretty complicated, so you're at least stimulating some brain cells. The only draw-backs are the high cost of the tickets, the time-consuming nature of being an avid fan, and ofcourse a hoarse voice now and again. (mostly if you're lucky enough to go to a live game)
Well I was pretty down yesterday, I really thought we could go all the way. We have a bunch of talent on the team, and they played like they were out for a walk in the park. Boy was I angry at 'em.
Well LT (my fav player on the team) pretty much sums it up with this picture.
Good-bye Chargers' season. Hello life-without-football-for-the-next-eight-months.

Photobucket

2 comments:

Unknown said...

At least your team made it! My team only won 5 games this year. And the Bengals got knocked out in the first post-season game as I predicted. The only team really left that I have to root for is the Colts. I'm sad football is almost done! :(

Susan Knapp said...

Yeah, atleast they made it but I think the disappointment only gets bigger the more they advance. I always have mixed feelings when football is over, sad 'cause I'll miss it, happy cause I can be more productive with my time now =)