Sunday, October 12, 2008

So I'm sad because my camera isn't working anymore. =( I think it's still under warranty so I'm going to need to see if I can get it replaced. Anyhow, this last week has been pretty useless. I was sick for most of it, and then I passed the nasty cold on to my husband so that was pretty unfortunate. Unfortunate, because you have never seen a bigger baby when one is sick! I mean, I took one day off work, but Teddy absolutely cannot function when he is sick. So I had to take care of him as soon as I started feeling better. He's such a baby. Ah, well what would I do without him? =)
Did I ever tell you we are making a garden? It's fairly small, probably 8'x12' or so, just big enough for our postage-sized back yard. So far we've planted broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, beets and two different kinds of lettuce. We'll be planting onions and a couple of other things a little later. This time of year you can't grow a whole lot, but I'm thankful that we can actually grow some things!
It's so fun to watch the tiny little sprigs pop up from the earth after a couple weeks of watering and wondering if the seeds will actually germinate.
So it's only 23 days until the presidential elections! I'm really excited and looking forward to getting a new president. I think it might even help the stock market settle down, maybe. Here in CA there is also a couple important issues being voted on too, one is called Proposition 8 that would overturn the CA Supreme Courts ruling allowing same-sex marriage. The other makes it harder to get an abortion, which I think is great that this issue can make a little progress if it passes. So a lot of exciting things coming up! The other exciting things ofcourse are what is going to happen to our economy? What do you think: after the bailout and subsequent happenings, should we still consider ours to be a capitalist society?

1 comment:

Sara said...

Sorry you were sick Sue!
~ Have you gotten my package yet?- I mailed it out last monday.
Hugs!