Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Rants and Raves!

Ok, so I thought I'd write my thoughts down just because I don't feel like this train of thought is being heard out there. I wonder if anyone else out there thinks this whole "Bailout Hate" thing is crazy. Why would anyone with their head on straight be against it? Economists and professionals are pretty much in agreement; without major steps, our economy is headed into an economic collapse. Guess what, economic collapses don't hurt the corporate fat cats who have their yachts and million dollar homes and other reserves. They hurt the average Joe. And what's this that most Americans are against this bailout deal? Are they really ready to lose their jobs because their small business or company they work for can't do business anymore because the credit they rely on dried up? Or because someone else they do business with went out of business? We are all connected to Wall Street even if we don't want to be! And I don't care yet, since I'm in my early twenties; but a large portion of the American workforce is supposed to be retiring soon. What do you think will happen to 401(k)'s if we taxpayers don't step in and get this bailout approved? Yeah, that 778 point drop on Monday sure opened some eyes. Maybe what happens on Wall St does affect Main St!
To go even a step further, and I hope no one will hate me for this but I have to say it. Because no one else is saying it. The media can't say it because they try to be politically correct. Politicians can't say it because people would get mad at them and would jeopardize their seats. SO here goes. Who do you think had at least a 50% responsibility for getting us where we are today? The average Joe, who thought he could buy a home he knew he couldn't afford, gambling on the possibility that he would be able to refinance his home later but got an adjustable, sub-prime rate mortgage because he really shouldn't have been buying in the first place. AND buying when home prices where at historic highs because they thought somehow what goes up does not come down. Yes, mortgage lenders had no right lending to those who weren't qualified, and yes there was predatory lending, BUT there where many, many people out there who just went in way over their heads and have no one to blame but themselves! And now they're complaining about having to bail out our financial system when if they hadn't been defaulting on their loans at such a historic rate, the banks would be fine? So okay I'm not exactly tickling people's ears right now. But I'm UPSET that people are such idiots sometimes!

2 comments:

Azure said...

I agree with you on how its the average joe that has gotten us into this mess...I was just thinking the same thing myself!

Sara Sue Renee said...

You tell 'em! =)