Monday, September 22, 2008

Grand Canyon!

So we just got in last night from the Grand Canyon! Photobucket
Teddy and I have never been there, even though Teddy went to school for two years in Arizona and I've been living (relatively) close for the past 2 1/2 years. So it was more spectacular than either of us imagined! The word awe can describe a little bit of what we felt when we first saw it.
Photobucket
I'm sure whoever first discovered the Grand Canyon had a hard time believing their eyes! Getting close to the edge was pretty terrifying though. I'm super scared of heights, and I've never been that close to such a steep fall. One stumble and you're through! No second chances. =)
Photobucket
Photobucket
It was exhilarating and inspiring...but only a small part of our weekend. Before that we drove in through Vegas so we drove by the Hoover Dam. It was pretty neat too. Photobucket
We spent Friday night and Saturday night camping in the forest with some friends. On Sunday morning we got up early to see the sunrise but on the way to the canyon we saw some elk in the woods by the road. They just happen to be Teddy's favorite animal. We followed them into the woods and we were able to get very close to a large 30-something herd of mostly female and baby elk! We also saw a large, six-point bull! He was massive, and we got to see him for 2-3 minutes which is a very long time! Later on that day we also saw another bull (smaller one) that I did get a picture of. (unfortunately I had forgotten my camera so I wasn't able to get pictures of the elk herd or the large bull!)
Photobucket
Photobucket
So what a relaxing weekend! Now it's back to work, school and more of the same. I feel refreshed and ready for a good week.
Photobucket
This is a rainbow we saw on the way! If you look closely you can see it is a double rainbow. =)

2 comments:

Sara said...

Wow! I am so jealous! No but seriously, how awesome! I'm so glad you put up pictures.

Unknown said...

Awesome pictures! Looks like a lot of fun! I hope to go there someday!