Sunday, September 7, 2008

This weekend has been a busy one. Teddy's parents are visiting for a few days, so Thursday and Friday were spent in a flurry of preparation for Sabbath and their visit. This will be the first time they see our house! For some reason I'm nervous...but things go well and they seem to approve of my housekeeping. =) I love my in laws, seriously I couldn't ask for better. But there's always that initial nervousness when we go visit or vice-versa, it's hard to explain.
Friday our friends gave us a call; 3 of them were driving on their way to school in AZ when their tire blew, causing them to lose control, flip, cross two lanes of traffic and finally come to a stop 50 yards later. It pretty much totaled their car. They walked away with only a couple of scratches! Since the accident was just a few miles from our house, we picked them up and I was able to take a few pictures of their car.
final3

It was pretty crazy. And here is the offending tire.
final2
I thought this sticker on his car was pretty cute!
final1
So I'm getting ready to head out for a La Sierra University Spiritual Life retreat and will be spending 5 days on a houseboat in Lake Mohave! This is where we make plans for the year, have fun, bond and soak up the sun. Because of the secluded location, there won't be cell phone service and of course no internet. This should be fun!

No comments: