Monday, September 1, 2008

My first blog post

So, here it is. My first blog post! So why start a blog, anyways? Well first of all I was inspired by my friend Sarah. She blogs religiously and I always enjoy reading her blogs. I always enjoy reading all my friends' and families' blog posts. It's neat to feel included in their life, like you know what's going on and almost a part of their everyday life even though you may be hundreds of miles away.
And then secondly, I wanted to start blogging because I have been missing my time with my old journal. I just don't pick it up anymore! But I miss writing my thoughts and life happenings down....so I figured since I practically live online these days with school and all, I might as well start a blog.
So to start this is just a little summary of what's been going on in my life lately. I life in the LA-surrounding regions area of CA with my husband Teddy. We share a burden for the Student Literature Ministry work and are involved year-round with running a program at La Sierra University and summer programs. We love seeing young people become involved in the LE work, mainly because we've seen the amazing things it's done in our lives and others! This past summer I led a team of 8 big-book students, and it sure was a blessing. However, since we were closing on our house the same week the program began, this summer has been one of the most stressful ever. I'm still recovering. =D
Yes, we bought a house and it's been alot of fun. Here's a little pic of our house before we bought it. front viewWe just cut our grass for the first time yesterday! We found a little push mower on craigslist and a few blisters later Teddy and I are pretty pleased with our front yard. I think the neighbors were wondering what kind of people had moved in next door who didn't cut their grass....haha Ofcourse they have no idea that during the summers we work over 80 hrs a week!
So now it's nice to have some time at home catching up on school. I'm finishing my degree online, and I love every bit of it. Speaking of school, I should sign off now and focus on that for a while. Bye now!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

wow Susan, it sounds like you had a busy summer!! i remember being in your canvassing program, it was one of my hardest, but most rewarding summers!!! i miss you and teddy...and i really miss that one sabbath, a bunch of us girls were just sitting in our room while you told us all this awesome stories about you!!! hope you enjoy your new house, as i'm sure you will, and may God bless you guys in all that you do!!! love you!!! -alex dimitriu =)

Sara said...

Yeah!~ You're a blogger now:) Hope you update it often. luv ya!

Sarah said...

So awesome that you have a blog now! Can't wait to read the updates! Do I really blog "religiously"?! LOL! How funny!
Anyways, you add friends by going to the layout section and clicking on edit.